From 11am-6pm on Saturday 9th September, Broadgate is hosting a free one-day festival that celebrates East London's thriving artisan bike scene, the best in cycling design and beyond.
Featuring pop-up stalls from some of the best and most innovative cycling designers and artisans in London (see below for the innovators taking part handpicked by founder of Future Tense and curator Ed Bartlett); workshops, talks and demos; live music and fantastic food and drink, this is an unmissable day for anyone who loves their wheels, design and sustainable travel.
We'll also be hosting bike refurbishment and upkeep workshops; paint and spray workshops; cycle yoga; live T-shirt printing; a head-to-head roller sprint challenge; interactive bike-based activities for children; a bike carousel and City of London Police cycle marking activation plus Rollapaluza sprint challenges.
- Brick Lane Bikes - workshop with bikes and cycling products, including vintage and custom-built models
- Cycloc - discover an elegant, effortless way to store your bike at home or work
- Dashel Cycle Helmets - Dashel has developed a new, urban helmet. Handmade in England and built to last. The timeless design is sustainably manufactured from premium materials
- Dry Patch - designs and makes seat covers for cycling commuters
- Engineered Bikes - award-winning handmade custom bicycles designed to perform
- Goodordering - functional tech ready, retro style cycling accessories
- Grafton Saddler - specialises in bespoke bike saddle recovers using traditional shoemaking techniques
- Hiplok - committed to designing and building innovative, quality cycle security which protects your bike and enhances your ride
- Hummingbird Bikes - designed and manufactured in Britain, the Hummingbird is the world's lightest folding bike
- Immediate Media - showcasing three decades of cycling media and design, the brands and concepts that have come and gone
- Owen Wheels - high-quality, bespoke bicycle wheels, expertly hand built in South London by Pete Owen
- People's Poncho - the only 100% waterproof & highly durable rain poncho worldwide
- Tsubasa – a studio of bicycle frame design and frame-building
About Broadgate's bikes
As a hub for the city's cycling commuters, Broadgate will be expanding bike storage for the day and building on our regular London Cycling Campaign Bike Station and City Of London Police bike workshops.