On Saturday 9th September, Broadgate hosted a free one-day festival that celebrated East London's thriving artisan bike scene.
Featuring pop-up stalls from some of the best and most innovative cycling designers and artisans in London; open-air yoga for cyclists, workshops, talks and demos; live music and fantastic food and drink, it was an unmissable day for anyone who loves their wheels, design and sustainable travel.
We also hosted bike refurbishment and upkeep workshops; paint and spray workshops; cycle yoga; live T-shirt printing; a head-to-head roller sprint challenge; interactive bike-based activities for children; a bike carousel and City of London Police cycle marking activation plus Rollapaluza sprint challenges. See you next year!
- Brick Lane Bikes - workshop with bikes and cycling products, including vintage and custom-built models
- Cycloc - discover an elegant, effortless way to store your bike at home or work
- Dashel Cycle Helmets - Dashel has developed a new, urban helmet. Handmade in England and built to last. The timeless design is sustainably manufactured from premium materials
- Dry Patch - designs and makes seat covers for cycling commuters
- Engineered Bikes - award-winning handmade custom bicycles designed to perform
- Goodordering - functional tech ready, retro style cycling accessories
- Grafton Saddler - specialises in bespoke bike saddle recovers using traditional shoemaking techniques
- Hiplok - committed to designing and building innovative, quality cycle security which protects your bike and enhances your ride
- Hummingbird Bikes - designed and manufactured in Britain, the Hummingbird is the world's lightest folding bike
- Immediate Media - showcasing three decades of cycling media and design, the brands and concepts that have come and gone
- Owen Wheels - high-quality, bespoke bicycle wheels, expertly hand built in South London by Pete Owen
- People's Poncho - the only 100% waterproof & highly durable rain poncho worldwide
- Tsubasa – a studio of bicycle frame design and frame-building
About Broadgate's bikes
As a hub for the city's cycling commuters, Broadgate hosts regular London Cycling Campaign Bike Station and City Of London Police bike workshops.
Photography by Brendan Bell