We launched Broadgate's Inspirational Talks Series with a moving talk by Brian Wood MC. Brian spoke about his incredible life experiences gained from his time in the military, which saw him awarded the Military Cross, but also learn to face his biggest battles, all of which he has written about in his first book 'Double Crossed'. Following its release, the book is now listed as one of The Sunday Times' best-sellers and we're giving you the chance to win your own copy, signed by Brian.
This competition has now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is organised by Bluebutton Properties UK Limited ("Broadgate") of York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, W1H 7LX (the "Promoter").
2. The title of the competition is "Win a signed copy of 'Double Crossed' by Brian Wood MC"
3. The competition will be open from 5 March until 11:59pm on 17 March ("Closing Date") inclusive.
4. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 11:59pm on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
5. Enter the competition online by completing and submitting the online entry form provided on broadgate.co.uk by the Closing Date.
6. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
7. The Promoter will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
8. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. The competition entries will be judged by the Communications and Events team for Broadgate. The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
10. The winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries on 18 March, or within 5 working days of the Closing Date.
11. The Promoter will select 5 winners.
12. The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
(a) employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
13. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. The Promoter may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
14. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
15. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
16. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
17. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
18. The prize consists of one signed copy of 'Double Crossed' by Brian Wood per winner
19. Prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
20. The prize is supplied by The Promoter
21. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
23. The winner of the competition will be announced on broadgate.co.uk
24. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
25. The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry. The Promoter will not amend any contact information once the competition entry form has been submitted.
26. If you are one of the winners of the prize, you will have 10 working days from the Announcement Date to claim the prize by responding to Broadgate's notification email. As the winner of the prize you will have a further 5 working days to collect the prize from Broadgate's management office. If you do not claim or collect the prize by these time frames, your claim will become invalid.
27. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
28. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 10 working days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
29. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize
30. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
31. The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the Privacy notice.
32. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
34. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.